FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I receive none or only a few meeting requests?
- Why publishing a high quality collaboration profile makes sense?
- How does the matchmaking work?
- How can I register to the event?
- What type of information do I need to fill in the registration form?
- Who is the Participant?
- What is the meaning of "support office"?
- Password forgotten?
- Collaboration Profiles - Is it possible to insert more than one profile?
- Is it possible to modify my profile?
- How can I book meetings?
- Can I refuse a meeting request?
- When will I get my personal meeting schedule?
- What if, due to unforeseen reasons, I cannot participate in the matchmaking event?
- What if I want to cancel my participation and ask for a refund?
Why do I receive none or only a few meeting requests?
- None? Have you activated the B2B meeting checkboxes?
- Only a few? - The better your profile the more meetings requests you will receive.
Often companies want to bypass the registration quickly and do not insert meaningful and qualitative
organisation descriptions and collaboration wishes (I am offering ..., I am looking for ...)
A low quality profile doesn't motivate other companies to get in contact with you ...
Why publish a high quality collaboration profile?
- Cooperation profiles give you the opportunity to publish and promote your collaboration wishes before and after the event.
- Event participants but also any other web user can find and read your organisation details and your published cooperation wishes.
- A statistical analysis of 500 matchmaking events showed that high quality profiles are visited about 50 to 150 times.
- The better your profile the more meetings requests you will receive at the end.
How does the matchmaking work?
At a matchmaking event people meet and greet at high speed. Bilateral meetings take usually 15 to 20 minutes, which is usually enough to forge business/research/technological connections. Then the bell rings and the next meeting starts.
Each participant registers with a cooperation profile which will be displayed at the event website. Each participant can select meetings online with other participants they would like to personally talk to. A few days before the event, each participant will receive a meeting schedule, showing WHO he will meet WHEN and WHERE (at exhibitors' booth or at MatchFest space, inside Eureka Park). Updated schedules may be sent too the first day and during the event.
What are the benefits of participating in the matchmaking event?
All participants can present their expertise/projects/technologies online already BEFORE the event. The cooperation profiles will be extensively promoted. Participants can get in contact with each other already before the event and know exactly who they will meet at the event. A matchmaking event therefore presents a very efficient and focused way of finding new collaboration partners.
How can I register to the event?
Click on the green button "Register" on the start page to start the registration process.
What type of information do I need to fill in the registration form?
- Form 1: Event sessions, Payment options (if available), Remarks for the event organizers
- Form 2: Contact data (Person and Company) - Give some information about the organisation you are working for, its focus and areas of activity.
- Form 3: Collaboration profile (if you attend the matchmaking sessions)
VERY IMPORTANT: to receive many and high qualified meeting requests, properly fill in the cooperation profile and give details on e.g. technology/product/project, innovative aspects, current stage of development and the target partner sought.
The cooperation profile is your virtual business card - the higher the quality, the more participants will select you for bilateral meetings!!!
Who is the Participant?
The Participant is the person who will participate in the matchmaking event and who is responsible for the inserted profiles.
Participants should indicate their contact details (especially e-mail and mobile phone number) to be directly informed about registration, agendas, and changes in the event set-up.
What is the meaning of "support office"?
"Support Office" are in most cases Enterprise Europe Network offices (Chambers of Commerce, Technology agencies, Cluster organisations, universities, etc.) who support Companies in doing international business free of charge. If your region is not listed in the drop-down menu, please select "Other".
You can choose a password during the registration.
Click on the Login button. There you will find a link "Forgot password?". Use this link to receive a email with further instructions.
PS: The registration mails contains a so called "Autologin Link". Via this link you can directly sign-in to your personal Dashboard without entering your email address and password.
How to change the password?
Please log in with your Autologin link (you will find it in the mail you received after your registration) and go to Change Password
Collaboration Profiles - Is it possible to insert more than one profile?
Yes, it is. Every participant has the possibility to insert several profiles. Please note that profiles are associated with participants.
The same organisation can be registered several times with different participants (contact persons).
Is it possible to modify my profile?
Yes, it is. Log in via the Login button or the Autologin link you have received with your registration mail.
In your personal Dashboard you can use the tabs to modify any of the content you have already inserted.
When will my profile be available online? Every profile will be quality checked by the event organizer.
If it meets the quality criteria it will be put online, if not, you will be contacted by the event organizer to adapt your profile.
How can I book meetings?
Booking is usually opened 1 month before the event (2 months before the event in the case of the CES event ) after a lot of the participants have already registered.
You will be informed by email about the start of the booking.
- Select the link "Participants" from the main menu.
- Use the green button "Book meetings" which you can find on each participants profile
Can I refuse a meeting request?
Yes of course.
- In your Dashboard select the Tab "Meetings" to list all meeting requests (Own bookings and Guest bookings).
- Use the button "Reject" to refuse a meeting request.
In case this event is operated in Opt-Out booking mode (meeting requests are by default accepted, but can be rejected) - What is the reason behind?
Experiences have shown that less than 10% of the meeting requests are usually rejected. Therefore the booking mode "Opt-Out" keeps the burden low for the majority (90%) of participants, by not asking them to confirm a request they are going to accept anyway. Results: less email traffic; less pending meeting requests waiting for approval.
When will I get my personal meeting schedule?
- One week before the event you will receive a preliminary meeting schedule by email (contains most of the meetings)
- 1-2-3 days before the event you get your (more or less) final meeting schedule by email
- At the event reception desk (each day) you get the very final updated schedule as paper copy (taking into account last minute changes and cancellations).
What if, due to unforeseen reasons, I cannot participate in the matchmaking event?
Please inform the event organiser immediately.
If you have booked meetings/you have been booked for meetings, please get directly in contact with your meeting partners and tell them that you cannot keep the appointment. The event organizer recommends a substitution (see below).
What if I want to cancel my participation and ask for a refund?
Any request by a registered participant must be received in writing via email to the Event Contact address that is provided on this b2match website. A request for cancellation (and refund) will be accepted up to the deadline time of 12:00 AM midnight, one month in advance of the event. The event organizer must make commitments to suppliers and making changes result in additional labor, costs or penalties. If the cancellation request is received after the deadline, the event organizer cannot issue a refund and would recommend a substitution (see below).
All approved refunds are subject to a $200 administration fee to offset system and financial charges. The registrants will receive their refund of fees paid (administration charge deducted) no later than one month following the scheduled date of the event.
Registrants who cannot attend an event are encouraged to provide a substitute participant to attend in his/her place. A written notification of a substitution will be accepted by email up to the morning of the event. When signing in at the event, the substitute participant must bring a copy of the Online Registration Receipt or the Registration Confirmation Email.
If the event organizer cancels the event, all registrants will receive a full refund of fees paid (no administration charge) no later than three months following the scheduled date of the event.